Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Manhattan Beach
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your network support team and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover physical and virtual devices and services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to perform a complete forensics analysis and create a document to share with the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security gaps that must be corrected and recommends steps that can be taken to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each breached device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate information. TAs are then able to demand an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in many cases the threat actor has little say about who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an inventory of data were taken, and sending the necessary alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Manhattan Beach
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Manhattan Beach, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.