Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Curitiba
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Curitiba organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Curitiba
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Curitiba organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.