Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the first messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory system. This architectural innovation made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to administer and Exchange 2000 is still the core of the email environment of many small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent among the most qualified computer consulting resources in the United States for supporting email solutions based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at helping small businesses running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company understand the business value of upgrading your Exchange 2000 environment to a current version of Exchange.
Advantages of Exchange 2000 Over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including accessibility, manageability, protection, stability, capacity, and performance.
How Progent Can Help You with MS Exchange 2000 Server
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server provides a significant improvement in features over the Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid rendition of the traditional Outlook interface, including scheduling and tools. As a result, authorized mobile users can have unrestricted, secure access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients need is an Internet-connected PC with a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange Server 2000 easier to manage and support and also provides better protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 incorporates an extensible architecture for transparently adding third-party software such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers dramatically improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and bigger mailboxes and enjoy faster remote access.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 features more extensive management and analysis tools than Exchange 5.5, making it easier to administer and maintain your email system.
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately aligned to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also provide Exchange 2010 upgrade support so you can avoid dealing with the problems associated with managing an email platform that Microsoft no longer supports.
Advantages of Exchange 2000 Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has clients on an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 provides an array of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, capacity, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from dependence on a specific workstation or notebook PC, reduces exposure to hardware breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has powerful collaboration features that allow teams to improve efficiency by sharing datebooks, address books, messages and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to integrate third-party security software or support wireless appliances such as the Research in Motion Blackberry or smart phones.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Help You Incorporate POP3 Email Users into Your Exchange 2000 System
Progent's experience and efficient best practices can assist you in implementing a fast, transparent move of POP3 clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names so that on-site and remote clients make a smooth switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent's has a long background assisting small and midsize companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to newer versions of Exchange. Progent can show you how to plan and implement a smooth upgrade to Exchange 2010 or a migration to Exchange 2013 that reduces operational disruption, retains your existing data, and saves money by professionally integrating a current release of Microsoft Exchange Server with your IT environment so that it accommodates offsite and on-the-road workers and operates with older software and the latest programs. Progent's CISM-certified security specialists can make sure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to manage.
Learn more about Progent's and Exchange 2016 migration support and Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Office 365 Exchange Online Integration with On-premises Exchange
Microsoft supports seamless hybrid environments that combine Office 365 Exchange Online and local Exchange. This permits you to have specific Exchange mailboxes located on your corporate datacenter and other mailboxes hosted by Office 365. Progent's certified Exchange consulting team can help you with any phase of designing, integrating and troubleshooting your hybrid Exchange solution. Progent's Exchange specialists can provide occasional expertise to help you through challenging technical problems and also can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your hybrid Office 365 initiative is successfully completed on schedule and on budget. To learn more about Progent's online consulting support for integrating Office 365 and on-premises Exchange environments, go to Office 365 integration with on-premises Exchange.
Hosting and Management Services for Exchange
If you are thinking about updating your MS Exchange 2000 system to a messaging solution powered by Exchange 2010, this is an ideal time to look at Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange system in a world-class facility that features redundant electrical and environmental control systems, 24x7 staffed security and IT support center, and fault-tolerant connections to tier-1 Internet service companies. Hosted Exchange servers are set up as virtual servers for high availability, easy scalability, and fast recovery.
Services feature integration with your network, connectivity with mobile communication devices, automated monitoring of efficiency and security, spam and virus filtering, security update and revision control, Help Desk Call Center services, daily backup, and comprehensive messaging administration support. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize businesses can economize substantially on the expense of servers, infrastructure, and environmental control, reduce the hassle and risk of in-house IT management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and efficiency.
Learn more about Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange.
Progent's Professional Support Services for Microsoft Technology
For companies of any size in the Northern California Bay Area or anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide low-cost online computer help and professional consulting support for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can deliver Windows Server 2019 migration expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 planning and deployment support, Windows Server 2008 R2 consulting, and Windows Server 2003 technical support. Progent's migration, installation, update, and consulting services include network design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
IT support and system diagnosis,
Help Desk Services, comprehensive
security consulting, full-service
outsourcing, Exchange Server hosting and management, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent in addition can deliver a wide range of remote PC desktop consulting and support services such as Windows 10 migration consulting, Microsoft Windows 8.1 expertise, Windows 7 support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 collaboration support, and automating workstation deployment.
If your company needs urgent remote help from a certified engineer, refer to Progent's Emergency Online Computer Support.
Read more information concerning Progent's Microsoft .NET Server Consulting.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Exchange Server or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.