Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Grand Rapids
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Grand Rapids business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Grand Rapids
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Grand Rapids business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.