Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Hialeah organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Hialeah, Florida organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home employees typically use their personal computers and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security support consultants can assist you to design, configure and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information resources in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to verify who you are on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. To find out more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for protecting an IT environment that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Hialeah, Florida business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.