Overview of iPhone and iPad Integration
Apple's iOS-powered iPhones and iPads can be tightly integrated with Windows Server environments that include business-critical applications including Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync Server), Office and Microsoft 365, and Dynamics CRM. iOS devices are also supported by popular Windows desktop clients such as Windows 11, Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 and by Microsoft's popular management tools including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Intune.
Unfortunately, building and maintaining a secure and manageable BYOD ecosystem that incorporates iPhones and iPads can be a challenge for IT administrators because of the multiple generations of iOS devices and Microsoft platforms that an organization may be required to support along with the vast array of available network security appliances from Cisco, Barracuda, and many other vendors. Common integration problems involve synchronization, device or software migration, authentication, Windows AD configuration, DNS issues, remote access, Wi-Fi setup, centralized management, sharing, and backup.
Progent's team of more than 100 consultants, technical support specialists, and subject matter experts offers the depth and breadth of knowledge and the real-world experience required to resolve even the most complex issues associated with integrating iPads and iPhones with networks ranging in size from home offices to enterprise systems. Progent can provide cost-effective online assistance to help you plan, configure, and troubleshoot any facet of your mobile integration solution and is available for short-term tasks to help you get past specific technical roadblocks or long-term engagements to help you finish major projects on time and within budget. Progent has expertise in on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid environments and can help you build or maintain a resilient, secure and efficient network infrastructure that is best suited to your mode of computing. Progent can also provide online and onsite training for individuals or groups to show you how to manage and use your iOS devices in a safe, collaborative environment that maximizes the business value of your information network.
Integrating iPhones and iPads with Microsoft Applications
Microsoft offers a library of free iPhone and iPad client apps, available for downloading from the Apple Store, that allow users to access, manage or secure various Microsoft platforms including the Office 365 suite, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Dynamics CRM, Power BI, Intune, and many others. These client apps offer different levels of functionality and have compatibility restrictions that depend on your version of Apple's iOS and the Microsoft application you want to access.
Microsoft apps for iPhone include Office, Power BI, Teams, Skype for Business, Dynamics CRM, and OMS
Progent can help you anticipate and resolve issues with software revisions and can assist you in migrating users to compatible versions of Apple devices and operating systems and Microsoft software platforms. Progent can help you establish realistic expectations for the features available with iPhone and iPad client apps, develop test systems to make sure you can achieve the functionality you need before you embark on a company-wide upgrade, solve data import and export problems, and, when necessary, suggest alternative approaches for achieving your integration goals.
Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you integrate your iPhones and iPads with critical productivity applications and management tools from Microsoft:
Common iPhones Integration Issues
- Progent's Exchange Server 2019 and Exchange 2016 consultants can help you with Exchange and iPhone integration including support for the iPhone Outlook app and OWA app
- Progent's SQL Server consultants can help you troubleshoot issues associated with SQL Server and iPhone apps integration
- Progent'sOffice 365 experts can help you with Microsoft Office 365 and iPhone integration so you can utilize iPhones and iPads to collaborate with your colleagues via Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook
- Progent's SharePoint experts can help you with SharePoint and iPhone integration so you can easily access your team web sites as well as business portals and resources and also collaborate with colleagues via familiar Office and Office 365 apps
- Progent's Teams, Skype for Business, and Lync Server consultants can assist you with Microsoft Teams planning and migration, Skype for Business and iPhone integration, and Lync Server and iPhone integration for presence, instant messaging, Audio/Video calling and teleconferencing
- Progent's business analytics and reporting specialists can help you with Power BI and iPhone integration for viewing and interacting with dashboards and reports for business data from multiple sources
- For managing iPhones and iPads in a Windows environment, Progent offers expertise with Intune and iPhone integration, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and iPhone integration, and Windows 10 and Windows 11 Mobile Device Management (MDM) and iPhone integration
Many of the iPhone and iPad integration problems encountered in Windows environments are technically complex but are so common that they can be resolved by an experienced troubleshooter with a short online session. Others require digging into firewall and VPN configurations, security policies, and co-existence issues with legacy and modern devices and applications. The vast majority of issues can be handled via remote support, saving the costs and delays associated with onsite support. Examples of problems regularly addressed by Progent's veteran online support team include:
Additional Support Services Available from Progent for Windows/iOS Environments
- Configure email and webmail on iPhones to work with Exchange Server
- Configure ActiveSync
- Migrate iPhones to a new version of Windows Server
- Update dialing permissions in Windows Active Directory (AD)
- Install, configure and troubleshoot RADIUS
- Resolve issues with LDAP queries over SSL to AD
- Enable reverse password encryption on AD accounts
- Assign an external user a token for an iPhone
- Set up VPN on an iPhone and NetPortal to access file servers from the iPhone
- Add LDAP, NAT, ACLs, and routing for iPhone VPN clients
- Set up iPhones for the correct IP from DNS
- Configure L2TP/IPsec VPN for iPhones and iPads
- Set up and test iPhone remote access via Cisco Meraki appliance integration
- Create VPN connection between ASA firewall with Firepower Services and iPhone via Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client
- Upgrade Cisco's Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) firewall firmware
- Enable password storage on the group policy and tunnel on the main firewall
- Update Barracuda and other firewalls to use a self-signed cert for inbound TLS
- Add new Office 365 accounts to an iPhone
- Troubleshoot SQL Server integration with iPhone apps
- Set up Microsoft's Intune app and enroll iPhones
- Migrate and synchronize Outlook Contacts
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues and perform Wi-Fi site surveys for iPhone and iPad connectivity
- Integrate Citrix Receiver for iOS to allow iPhones and iPads to access to Citrix online applications
Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting team and Cisco CCIE-certified networking consultants can provide online and onsite expertise to help you plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot an on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid infrastructure optimized to support your mix of local, at home, and mobile users. Progent's Wi-Fi technology specialists can help you build and maintain wireless local area networks that efficiently support the latest 802.11ac technology as well as older versions of the Wi-Fi standard. Progent's CISM-certified data security consultants and CISA-certified security audit consultants can help you define and enforce company-wide security policies that are consistent across all client devices including iPhones and iPads to help you maintain compliance with government and industry requirements as well as with your internal standards. Progent can also provide comprehensive network security audits as well as stealth penetration testing in order to help you validate and fortify your security profile.
Progent's disaster recovery and business continuity (DR/BC) consultants can help you incorporate iPhones and other mobile communications devices into a cohesive preparedness plan that defines emergency notification and communication procedures in case of a natural or man-made crisis. Effective disaster recovery planning entails strict and efficient backup processes for fast restoration of core services, and these services include mechanisms for supporting mobile access and secure management of mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads.
Contact Project for Help with Integrating and Managing iPhones and iPads
To get in touch with Progent about consulting support for integrating and managing iPhones and iPads, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.