Among the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across Northern California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.