One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons we are different by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.