One of the top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.