One of the top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of critical software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across Northern California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.