One of the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning reasons Progent is different by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting proposals that align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout Northern California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.