One of America's premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and field background in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.