One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and field background in important IT areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.