Among the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are unique by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.