One of America's top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.