Among America's premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in Northern California, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.