Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which associate our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.