One of America's premiere computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out additional details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.