Among the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.