Among the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology areas outside our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions which align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our team of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.