Among the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working background in crucial IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.