Among the top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and field background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To find out more information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join our team of desktop support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.