Among America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.