One of the premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.