Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.