One of the premiere network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of help desk support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from most network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across Northern California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.