Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations in Northern California, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across Northern California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.