One of America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.