One of America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.