One of the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.