One of America's premiere network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.