Among the premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.