Among the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout Northern California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.