One of America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information about how we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.