One of America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across Northern California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.