One of the top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and working background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about how we are exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.