Among America's premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about how we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across Northern California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.