Among America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across Northern California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.