Among America's top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more information about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.