One of America's premiere IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.