One of America's premiere network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our team of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.