Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.