One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide variety of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.