One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about how we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.