One of the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning our job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across Northern California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.