One of the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.