One of the premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.