One of the premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our job openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and field background in important IT topics outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about how we are different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across Northern California, however we are building a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.