Among America's premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are unique by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.