One of the premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.