One of America's top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout Northern California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.