One of America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.