Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.