Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out more information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about reasons we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in Northern California, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.