Among America's top IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad range of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.