One of the premiere network consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across Northern California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.