Among the premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is different by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join our team of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.