Among the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and field experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.