Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in Northern California, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.