One of the top IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.