Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions which associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across Northern California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.