Among America's premiere network consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.