One of the premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of critical software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.