One of the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about how Progent is different by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from most network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.