Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.