Among America's premiere computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and working experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important areas beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.