One of America's top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.