Among America's top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and field experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, and an independent business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which align our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout Northern California, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.