One of America's premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about how we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.