One of the premiere network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.