Among the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about ways that we are different by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.