One of the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.