Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning our work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To learn more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.