One of America's premiere network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and field experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop service technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.