Among America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.