One of America's premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.