One of America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of critical software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our job opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.